Thursday, March 12, 2009

Homemade Wheat Bread


Yesterday I took the plunge and made homemade bread! It was easy (really). I have always been a bit intimidated by making it, and it wasn't that bad at all. It turned out pretty good. My family was sooooo happy. I got this really good recipe from a friend of mine and I love it! You should try it:

Whole Wheat Bread
4 cups warm water
2/3 C. oil
2/3 C. honey
2 T yeast
Sit 4 minutes
Add: 1 C. powdered milk, 2 C. potato flakes, 1 C. Gluten Flour, 1 C. oatmeal, 2 T. Salt, 2 eggs (you can also add 1 C. flax, or wheat germ
Around 10 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
Knead for 12 minutes (I did this by hand), Add 2-3 T dough enhancer
Place in Greased bowl with wrap covering dough
Rest 30 minutes (room temp is best)
Shape into loaves, Rest 30 minutes.
Bake 325 degrees for around 30 minutes.
Makes Yummy Bread!!

P.S. Don't forget to scroll down and enter the giveaway!! It ends this Saturday March 14th at noon!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! The recipe sounds so easy to make! We have always done it the cheat's way at home by using a bread machine. I always am so tempted to bake my own bread doing all the kneading etc.. thanks for the recipe.. will definitely give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks absolutely yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments...I love them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...