Monday, March 7, 2011

So Lucky Canvas St. Patrick's day decor

I don't do much decorating when it comes to St. Patrick's day.  I don't mind the holiday, but just haven't felt the need to decorate....until this year!  I love all the ideas I am seeing from all you talented ladies.

The other day I showed you a little peek of what I made on Saturday.  I love love how it turned out! 
Whatcha think???  I was trying to think how to embellish it, so the shamrock is burlap with a ribbon rosette in the center.  Of course I had to add a few buttons in the middle!  I love BUTTONS.  They look cute with just about anything:) 

I was nervous about cutting this picture down, but I think it looks fabulous, after all I am sooooo lucky to have my family!  When I showed it to the hubs he said, "Thats really nice."  Good answer honey!
 Sorry, no tutorial, but it was super easy.  I painted the white canvas ($3) with leaf green paint (let it dry for about 1 hr.), mod podged the scrapbook paper on, let it dry for about 2 hrs.  Then I cut the "so lucky" out with the cricut using the Storybook cartridge.  Next, I googled shamrock images and found a shamrock template to print out.  I traced it on some burlap, cut it out and hot glued it on the canvas.  I also hot glued the rosette on the shamrock.  Lastly, I added the buttons and my cute family picture and DONE! 

I am still doing a giveaway later this week!  I am giving away some lovely EASTER goodies:)
I am linking up with these parties:

9 comments:

  1. I love this! I never do St. Patty's Day decor either, but I too am impressed with everyone's ideas that I might just have to cave in and do it! I would totally start with this!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Have a happy Monday!
    (Ps~I have a linky party on Tuesday and I would love it if you linked this up!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, that turned out so cute! :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, Thanks so mcuh for commenting on my blocks! Comments just thrill me to pieces! Especially since I'm pretty new to this crafty-blog thing! :) And by the way, I love your "So Lucky" St Patty's decor! :) I'm really hoping for a cricut for my birthday so I can craft some more & try my hand at some cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! Love the burlap shamrock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I want to try this. :) Visiting from Sweeetpeaandpumkins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is super cute! Love how it came out! Visiting from Paisley Passions and I am a new follower!!!
    Have a great day!
    Michelle
    http://www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this!! Thanks for auditioning for OMTWI!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments...I love them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...