Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Red Sweater Redo with Ruffle tutorial

A few weeks ago I was at Salvation Army and I found some super cute cardigans.  Here is the red one I found for about $1.50:


I haven't worn it yet, because I bought it to do something fun with.  I had some cute fabric to go with the sweater and I used THIS tutorial on Tea Rose Home.   I absolutely LOVE her blog.  She has so many cute clothing tutorials!  You have to try one:)

I pretty much followed Sachiko's tutorial and I LOVE the way it turned out.  The only thing I don't like is that I used a cotton material and the edges are fraying a little.  I have to cut lots of little threads every time I wear it.  Next time I will use a different material.  This was one of the first times I tried this and I am pretty happy with it!

Can you see the cute button I made with the same material?  It turned out so cute!!

I think this will be cute with jeans or my light brown skirt!  I think I want a headband to match....

I am linking with these parties:
Sew Much Ado
Paisley Passions
Night Owl Crafting

2 comments:

  1. cute! I love cardigans and always looking for them at the thrifts :) I'd love to try something like this with some of my less favorite ones.. spice them up a little!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. I love finding things at the thrift store! Came out great and the ruffle detail is beautiful. : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments...I love them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...