Thursday, June 9, 2011

Pillow from a Placemat

I was at the Dollar Tree yesterday and saw some red, white, and blue place mats!  I have seen this idea somewhere out there in blog land, so it wasn't my idea, but I did make it my own.  



First I unpicked one end of the place mat.  It went really fast.  Only took about 5 minutes!

Then I stuffed it with tons of white polyfil stuffing that I already had on hand, making sure I got the stuffing in all 4 corners.


I had about 1/2 a bag of stuffing and used it all.  Next, I sewed the place mat shut!  I pinned it so all the edges matched and it took me about 5-10 minutes to sew it.  I went over the seam about 3 times.

I took these pictures in my basement (cave).  That's why the pictures look like I used a flash, because, well...I did.  

I added a ribbon rosette and some fabric flowers with leftover fabric I had sitting around from a few years back.  

I don't have very many 4th of July decor, so I am so excited to display this place mat turned pillow!  
If you don't count the fabric ribbon and polyfil I already had on hand, this pillow cost me about $1.00.  
Woohooo!  Love when I use stuff I already have.  

Have a Sunny Day!!

Partying here:

5 comments:

  1. I must have missed that on another blog because I think that's the niftiest thing I've seen. I can definitely sew ONE end shut. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute. LOVE the added touches of the flowers! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great pillows. I have been wondering how blue and red went to it's nice to see it here. Thanks for sharing. I am happy to be your newest follower. Please stop by for book club if you're interested--connie, measuredybtheheart.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea and so simple and inexpensive. I like the idea of adding seasonal color to my house!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments...I love them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...