Thursday, June 16, 2011

Red, White and Blue Mod Podge Craft

I have mentioned there is a craft store nearby that is going out of business.  Well let's just say I have been there a few times and now everything is at least 50% off!

I bought some blank MDF boards that were 70% off that I thought I could decorate with scrapbook paper and maybe paint.  

I don't have very many 4th of July decorations so here is what I did to the first board I bought:
It was super easy!  I painted the whole board with red acrylic paint.  Let it dry completely.  Then I sanded the edges everywhere.  
Next, I cut out the letters using my Cricut and Lyrical Letters cartridge.  I also found the stars and fireworks on one of my cartridges.  
Lastly, I coated the whole thing with Mod Podge!  I am very happy with the way it turned out.  

What an easy and quick 4th of July decoration!  It cost me about $1.50!  

What kind of 4th of July crafts are you working on??

P.S.  I am still looking for some guest bloggers.  I have a few spaces open, so if you are interested, please see previous post!  I would love to see what you've got:) 


I am linking here at these parties:

8 comments:

  1. Cute! Hmm. I haven't even been thinking about July 4th. I guess it's coming right up, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Cute! Thank you for stopping by my blog! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic blog! We offer a free blog directory if you're interested. Please stop by to check it out at 500dollarwedding.blogspot.com, :) Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I so wish I had a Cricut. Maybe one day. I see so many cute crafts made with it.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I really want a Cricut. We recently moved and I haven't found a job yet, so as motivation, I am not letting myself buy one until I have a job. I am going to be getting one before summer is out! I know it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo cute Karen!! I love it. :) Thanks for linking up to Think Pink Sundays! I shared this on my FB page!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really cute. Do you think if I asked really, really nicely my sister would let me borrow her Cricut to make this? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments...I love them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...