Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Cute Little Lamps Redone

Last Summer I bought these cute little lamps at a garage sale for about $1.50 each:

I really liked the textures on the lamp, but wasn't very crazy about the Brass, so almost a year later, I decided to do some spray painting!


So, I totally blew it with the pictures.  I only took a few of the before pictures!  Here is where I measured how much burlap to put on the shade.  I rolled the shade along the burlap and drew a line with a pen.  It was actually really easy!  I made sure to leave some extra on the top and bottom so I had room to glue.


I used spray adhesive to adhere the burlap on the shade.  Then, I used my glue gun to glue the ends over as seen in this picture.


The, I decided to make a "W" stencil with my Cricut using vinyl.  I used a stencil brush to apply the black paint.  


Here is one of the finished lamps.  Wahoo!!  I really love the way it turned out!  I spray painted the lamp heirloom white (my favorite color!). 


How do you like the way they look?  I was really surprised at how quickly I got them done.  It took me about 2 hours total, including drying time for the lamps. 

9 comments:

  1. this looks awesome! thanks for sharing! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out really cute! Does the burlap make the light dim or is it still pretty bright?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you transformed your lamps, so cute! Good job on the great deal too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a darling transformation:) love these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! And I'm a "W!" I found you through AGI and am so thankful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute lampshade! I'm following from AGI and love your giveaway!!

    Briana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! Thanks for linking up with Lemon Tree today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute NIFTY THRIFTY idea...come over and share with us at my weekly party. I’m having an Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Giveaway…hop over and enter…ends at midnight 8/7.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments...I love them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...