Monday, August 22, 2011

Fall Leaf Card Tutorial Revisited



Here is a card I made a few years ago and posted when my blog was a wee babe.  I hope you like it.  It gets me excited for Fall!  
Here are the supplies you need:


Patterned paper in Fall colors
2 pieces of cardstock in Fall colors
1 piece of ribbon approx. 4 inches (I used brown)
metal embellishment to thread ribbon through. You can also use a pop top from a can of pop!
Diamond Glaze

To make the leaf, you can stamp a leaf on the back side of some patterned paper (some kind of fall color) and cut it out, or if you have a large leaf paper punch, you could punch a leaf out and use that. I used a leaf pattern out of a magazine, enlarged it, then traced it on some cute patterned paper, then cut it out.

When you have your leaf cut out, then I use Judikins Diamond Glaze which is water-based dimensional adhesive. You can buy this at your local craft store for about 4.99.

Squirt out enough diamond glaze to cover the whole leaf with a thin layer. I also sprinkled gold glitter around the edges of the leaf. Put the leaf in the freezer for about 5 minutes. Take the leaf out and bend it different ways so the glaze cracks. If it doesn't crack, put it back in the freezer for a few more minutes.

You could put another layer of diamond glaze, then put it in the freezer again for a more "crackled" look.

For a 4 x 5 1/2 card, I used 1 piece 4 x 3 inches fall patterned paper, then 2 other smaller pieces of cardstock 1 was 2 1/2 x 3 (approx.) and 2 1/2 x 1 1/4. I like to use Bazzill cardstock and I choose Fall colors.

Adhere the 3 pieces of paper to the card, then, thread the ribbon through the embellishment or pop top. Glue ribbon on card.

I stamped "thanks" then cut it out and adhered it next to the ribbon. You could also print out a sentiment, then cut it out and adhere to the card.

If you have chalk ink or a brown stamp pad, rub the pad around the edges of the card. It gives it a vintage look.

That's it! I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. I sure did. If you have any questions about how to make the card, please feel free to leave a comment, or e-mail me!
kweight@byu.net

Linking to these parties:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments...I love them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...