Thursday, October 13, 2011

Today's Guest I {heart} Naptime

Hey everybody! I’m SO excited to be here today! I’m Jamielyn from I {heart} Nap Time! I’m a hopeless chocolate addict. Sometimes known to eat chocolate chip cookie dough straight from the bowl. I’m a Mama to two chubbies and married to one sexy man. My days are full of chasing my little monkeys, cleaning messes (it’s like shoveling in a snow storm), pinterest, snuggling, avoiding the ever-growing pile of laundry, e-mails, play-dough, crafting and wondering, “Is it nap time yet?!”
jamies collage
Today I’m going to show you how to make some fun candlesticks for under 5 bucks!
Let’s get started shall we?!
IMG_1115_thumb5
Supplies:


  • Two glass candlesticks from the Dollar Tree

  • Glass Jar from Dollar Tree

  • Wooden base (circle) from Hobby Lobby

  • Bead trim from Hobby Lobby

  • Metallic Silver Spray Paint from Home Depot

  • E-6000 or Super Glue from Dollar Tree
2011-08-28_thumb3
Directions:
1. Attach the two candlesticks with super glue.
2. Glue the base of the candlestick to the wooden base.
3. Glue Jar on top of the candlestick.
IMG_1076_thumbIMG_1095_thumb4
4. Tape around edge of jar, to ensure the spray paint only hits the candlestick.
IMG_1100_thumb2
5. Attach bead trim around the base with the glue.
IMG_1109_thumb2
Fill with candy, and enjoy your new décor. Remember… if you paint these in a neutral color, you can use them for every holiday! My kind of décor!
photo (3)
Thanks ladies for having me! Find me blogging at I {Heart} Nap Time. Chat with me on FB and Twitter. Hugs!
xoxo – Jamielyn

Thanks so much for stopping by today Jamielyn!  She is talented and so nice:)  She has more fantastic projects on her blog.  Here is one of my favorites:
I love this!  Find the tutorial here.

2 comments:

  1. Stacking the two candle sticks is GENIUS! I am so impressed! And adding the string of pearls is so fun. I have got to do this. Thanks for the fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute DIY project. I will definitely be giving this a try! It's such a fun idea. You have a fabulous blog and I am your newest follower.

    xo
    erica @ www.fashionmeetsfood.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments...I love them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...