Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Today's Guest: Live. Teach. Create!

First let me say a big thank you for joining me today on Pocket Full of Pink and a HUGE THANK YOU to Karen for having me here! My name is Jennifer Smith-Sloane and I have been an avid crafter my entire life and avid scrapbooker/paper crafter since 1997. I am a married, 30-something who loves her fur-babies. When I am not at home crafting, I work as a middle school Pre-Algebra teacher and an adjunct professor in Adult Education.

Today I want to share with you a cute project that I put together as a gift for a friend for Valentine's. While searching around some many great blogs and forums, I found a template for a K Cup Carrier that I fell in love with! It looked so easy to create and was just up my alley as I have dearly LOVED my Keurig for two years. We just got one at the school I teach at and I though this would be perfect for me to give a friend at work.



Using the template from The Cat's Pajama's, I carefully traced the template onto a piece of red cardstock. I could have printed it onto the cardstock and make it easier but meh, I was kicking it old school. Once I had traced the entire template and cut it out, I knew I needed to make the circles for the cups and I didn't have the right size punch. Next best thing was to get a K Cup and just trace the top! Tip: Make sure if you do it this way, you space them closest to the edge as possible.



I used several scraps as I was decorating this project and then used the Melonheadz Robe and Slippers image to decorate the outside. I colored her in with various Copics to match the papers in the project. Before I adhered her with foam tape, I added the black velvet lace trim around the carrier which I then accented with some bling!



The sentiment is one that I have had for awhile and I honestly don't know where it is from anymore but it fit along perfect with this project.



If you like {or even love} my project, I would love to have you come on over to my blog and sit a spell. I am an avid crafter and strive to post new projects every day although we know life happens to the best of us. You can also find me on Twitter or Facebook as well.

Once again, thank you Karen for having me as a guest post on your blog today! Hope to hear from some of you and would love to see your projects if you create them as well. Have a happy Tuesday!


How cute is that!? What a fabulous idea for a co-worker or friend:)  Thanks so much Jennifer for hanging out here today.

1 comment:

Thank you so much for your comments...I love them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...