Sunday, September 9, 2012

My oldest is now a college Freshman!

It's actually here!  My oldest is ready to go to college!  Tomorrow I am driving her to Idaho to start her Freshman year at BYU-Idaho.  

I am so excited for her!  

She is a smart, lovely, responsible girl and I know she is ready to be on her own.  I am torn, because the selfish part of me wants her just to stay here and go to the community college.  I will miss her smile (see the cutie on the far right).  She is my running partner, my math tutor, my friend.  I know they tell you that you shouldn't be your child's "friend," but she is one of my best friends.

Natalie is the one on the far right.  She is about 9 years old here.
Now she is 18!  Time flies so quickly.  

She use to LOVE all the princesses when she was young!  She had such a great time at Disneyland and she collected ALL of their signatures!  

Today is bittersweet, packing, worrying about whether she has everything she will need for her apartment, and hoping she will have fun and never get lonely.  

************************************

Wow this week just flew by!  I have been back 2 days!  I sure had fun taking Natalie to BYU-I.  She loves it so far.  It was hard saying goodbye, but I know this is where she needs to be.  

It is comforting to know that she knows that too.  She has prayed about it and knows that she should be there right now.  

I took a few pictures with my phone (because I forgot my camera!!), but I haven't figured out how to get them on here!  My lack of how to use all these technical gadgets is VERY frustrating!!

I will post some pictures soon:)  

Hope your having a fantastic weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments...I love them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...